Jonathan Harrington is Professor of Phonetics and Digital Speech Processing and Director of the IPS, University of Munich. He joined the Institute of Phonetics at the Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich in October 2006. His research interests are in experimental phonetics, laboratory phonology, speech database development, and sound change.
Current major projects
- Human interaction and the evolution of spoken accent. European Research Council Advanced grant (2017-2022, project no. 295573).
- A clinical phonetics laboratory service (PhonLab): diagnostics of speech impairment via the web. European Research Council proof--of-concept grant. (2017-2018, project no. 737552).
- Nasal coarticulation and sound-change: a real-time MRI study. German Research Council grant (2017-2020 with J. Frahm, Göttingen; grant no. HA 3512/15-1).
Completed major projects
- European Research Council Advanced Grant (2012-2017) Sound change and the acquisition of speech
- VW-Stiftungs-Project: P A G E – Prosodic and Gestural Entrainment in Conversational Interaction across Diverse Languages
Please follow this link to Jonathan Harrington's CV.
Institut für Phonetik und Sprachverarbeitung, LMU, Schellingstr. 3, D 80799 München, Germany
+49 2180 2758